Little Dot MK 9 Tube Headphone Amplifier
Posted: Sep 12th, '13, 20:43
The Little Dot MK 9 is a vacuum-tube based headphone amplifier and stereo pre-amplifier. It uses three tubes (front stage: 6N9P, post stage: 2x 6080) in a versatile SEPP (single ended push pull) OCL (output capacitor-less) in Class-A design that can power headphones of all impedance with unmatched purity of sound.
The output of this dynamic cathode output circuit provides high dynamic range without a hint of distortion (30Vp-p). Due to the lack of an output capacitor in the signal path, the warmth and tonal richness of tubes can shine though with absolute purity.
The Little Dot MK 9 can also be used as a pre-amp with all power amps as it incorporates a "zero servo" tracking circuit to ensure the the DC level is 0. There is also a relay protection circuit to protect your valuable headphones.
Leveraging the RCA 6080 tubes, the Little Dot MK 9 produces high large current output to power even very low impedance headphones to their full potential!
- SEPP (Single-ended Push Pull) OCL (Output CapacitorLess) in Class-A
- Front Tube: 6N9P
- Rear Tubes: 2x RCA 6080 (Bias Voltage：22V Bias Current：65mA)
- Single-ended: 2x RCA
- Pre-Amp: 2x RCA
- Single-ended: 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS Stereo jack
- Frequency Response:
- 12Hz - 100KHz (-1dB)
- Input Impedance: 50K ohms
- Pre-Amplifier Output Impedance: 600 ohms
- 0.05 % (300 ohm, 80 mW)
- Power Output:
- 300 mW per channel into 300/600 ohms
- 350 mW per channel into 120 ohms
- 250 mW per channel into 32 ohms
- Power Consumption: 80 VA
- Metric: 300mm (length) by 220mm (width) by 150mm (height)
- Imperial: 11.8 inches (length) by 8.7 inches (width) by 5.9 inches (height)
- Weight: 4 kg or 8.81 lbs
- Available in either 110-120VAC or 220-240VAC
- One Year Official Little Dot Warranty (lifetime labor/parts coverage)