Low volume output from Raspberry PI FIXED

Discuss headphones, speakers, subwoofers, etc!

Moderator: sword_yang

tjpearson

Low volume output from Raspberry PI FIXED

Post by tjpearson »

Hello everyone,

Hope this hasn't been asked before but struggling finding an answer.

Wired up my new Little Dot MKii and connected my Raspberry PI with Dac board running Openelec (Kodi) and listening with Senheisser HD650's.

My problem is I have to crank the amp right up to get good listening levels and just wondering how to improve and up the output.

I have left all the settings as default in the amp so should I change any of these to improve output levels as I'm a little concerned running the amp at high volume levels just for comfortable listening.

tj
Last edited by tjpearson on Jun 26th, '15, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

DavidZheZhe

Re: Low volume output from Raspberry PI

Post by DavidZheZhe »

Generally most amplifiers are expecting a line-level signal on their input. If using a device like a DAP or phone, to simulate a line-level output from the headphone out you would need to increase the device volume up to ~90%.

tjpearson

Re: Low volume output from Raspberry PI

Post by tjpearson »

Hello David,

I'm not using headphone output from the raspberry pi I'm using the phono outputs from the sister board IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ , this gives 2v output apparently.

Do you think it may be a setting in the amp I can alter.

tj

tjpearson

Re: Low volume output from Raspberry PI FIXED !

Post by tjpearson »

Fixed.....

1 hour ago struggling for days trawling the net for answers I wasn't getting, I found the issue.

Openelec (Kodi) was the problem, I installed Volumio from Gordon's download page, flashed that to a spare 32gig micro card and hey presto, full meaty volume.

Just tested with a Daft Punk track and listening with amp at 3 when with Openelec had to listen at 8, superb, infact I think I'm best reducing Volumio volume down a tad for better quality sound.

tj :lol:

DavidZheZhe

Re: Low volume output from Raspberry PI FIXED

Post by DavidZheZhe »

Ah nice, thanks for posting your solution!