Advice Needed - LD MK III + Senn HD650 + 6ZH1P + 6H30PI

Talk about anything!

Moderator: sword_yang

Kaki

Advice Needed - LD MK III + Senn HD650 + 6ZH1P + 6H30PI

Post by Kaki »

Hi,

I bought my LD MK III 2 months ago (Apr 16) and I have a few queries,

1. to use with Sennheiser HD650 (300 ohm) headphone, do I switch to 5x gain or 10x?
2. to replace the driver tube with 6ZH1P, I do not need to do any jumper setting, correct?
3. does the LD MK III support 6H30PI tube? If replace with this power tube any jumper setting is required?

Thank you very much.
Regards.

fr00tbat

Re: Advice Needed - LD MK III + Senn HD650 + 6ZH1P + 6H30PI

Post by fr00tbat »

I might be able to help with this...

1. From my experience just try different settings and see which gain setting suits you. You won't hurt anything by trying all the settings, just turn off the amp for several minutes to allow the capacitors to drain before moving the switches around. The processes is covered in the manual too.
2. Those tubes are EF95 style, so you just leave the jumpers on 1 & 2.
3. If you have a Mk III version 2 or greater then you can use the 6H30Pi tubes. Look through the little holes in the bottom of the amp for the version number. Those tubes draw more current, so keep an eye on your amp's temperature and make sure it's well ventilated.

BN: If I got anything wrong please do correct me.

Cheers

Kaki

Re: Advice Needed - LD MK III + Senn HD650 + 6ZH1P + 6H30PI

Post by Kaki »

fr00tbat wrote:I might be able to help with this...

1. From my experience just try different settings and see which gain setting suits you. You won't hurt anything by trying all the settings, just turn off the amp for several minutes to allow the capacitors to drain before moving the switches around. The processes is covered in the manual too.
2. Those tubes are EF95 style, so you just leave the jumpers on 1 & 2.
3. If you have a Mk III version 2 or greater then you can use the 6H30Pi tubes. Look through the little holes in the bottom of the amp for the version number. Those tubes draw more current, so keep an eye on your amp's temperature and make sure it's well ventilated.

BN: If I got anything wrong please do correct me.

Cheers

Thank you fr00tbat !! You are of great help :)
Regards.