Little Dot 2 improved performance

Talk all about Little Dot products!

Moderator: sword_yang

Freshercomenovice

Little Dot 2 improved performance

Post by Freshercomenovice »

Hi forum users, I have started to use my LD2 off a separate power socket set than my system, utilizing a 3m extension lead but still on the ring main. The LD2 is source fed from my system preamp in the usual way. The benefits of doing this are that there are no system 'bangs' through my monitors when switching theLD2 on and off and the LD2 itself appears to perform more competently when fed electrical current off it's own individual power socket some distance from the system. For me this has been an easy and highly cost effective upgrade.

rockage

Re: Little Dot 2 improved performance

Post by rockage »

Ah very interesting - you are saying previously when all components were connected to the same power outlet there was an audible "bang" when powering on? Using separate power outlets eliminates the bang is that correct?

Freshercomenovice

Re: Little Dot 2 improved performance

Post by Freshercomenovice »

Thankyou for replying rockage, what I am stating is that in my system when the Little Dot MK2 is connected to a separate power socket from the rest of my system there is no interference through my systems domestic monitors when switching on or off. I am using a second socket set for the MK2 which is on the far side of my listening room. Transient switching problems had occurred via my class A pre amp with source input different to output and the lowest possible gain. However there are still bangs through the headphones when connected to the MK2 but this can easily be overcome by connecting the 'phones after switching on and disconnecting them prior to switching off. I also feel that by keeping MK2 gain to zero transient switching, i.e. "bangs" are kept to a minimum. Respect, Freshercomenovice.