Little Dot I+ and Onkyo SR604

Talk all about Little Dot products!

Moderator: sword_yang

wrenhunter

Little Dot I+ and Onkyo SR604

Post by wrenhunter »

Hi all

I recently bought a new Little Dot I+ and it sounds great -- using my iPhone. But I bought it to use with my receiver, and therein lies the problem.

I have an Onkyo SR604 receiver, fed by various sources but mainly Sonos Connect unit which is patched in via RCA. This receiver has no Tape Monitor, so I tried using an RCA-to-mini cable (with 1/4 adapter) into the headphone jack of of the Onkyo. As soon as I plug that cable in, I get a bad buzz over my headphones. If I pull the cable out, the buzz vanishes (so it's not interference from a modem, etc.).

My questions:

1. Do you know why this is happening, and is there a way to fix it?
2. If there isn't, are there other options? I want to listen to Sonos on the Dot occasionally, but mainly I'll have it playing over my speakers via the Onkyo.

Thanks,

David

wrenhunter

Re: Little Dot I+ and Onkyo SR604

Post by wrenhunter »

Overwhelmed by the replies!

Just in case someone has a similar issue in the future:

a. I think the buzz is due in part to grounding, when the headphone plug touches the receiver's headphone jack
b. I solved the issue overall by patching directly from the Sonos Connect to the I+. The Connect has coax, optical, and RCA out and all can be used simultaneously, it appears.

If by chance you try (b) and have issues, mess around with the Sonos app and change the room settings from Variable to Fixed, or back again.