which littledot is right for me

Talk all about Little Dot products!

Moderator: sword_yang

sureshot1234

which littledot is right for me

Post by sureshot1234 »

looking at the MK3 and MK4 and MK4SE will be used with sennheiser HD598SE, AKG K612 PRO and HD600 will also be hooked up to my studio monitors so need the preouts just cant figure out what i should get i dont want to spend more than i have to but the MK4SE says it has upgraded components and better tubes as well. is there much of a difference between all of them or something different that would make it better for me specifically?

thanks for any and all help

sureshot1234

Re: which littledot is right for me

Post by sureshot1234 »

no one?

DavidZheZhe

Post by DavidZheZhe »

The MK III, MK IV, and MK IV SE are all based on the same design family and they are objective escalations in both price and performance. Which one you choose among these will largely be dependent on your budget and to a lesser extend, which aesthetics you prefer. Generally speaking the MK III is the sweet spot as far is price/performance where as the MK IV and SE models are for those who want those last few percentages of sound quality.

sureshot1234

Post by sureshot1234 »

DavidZheZhe wrote:The MK III, MK IV, and MK IV SE are all based on the same design family and they are objective escalations in both price and performance. Which one you choose among these will largely be dependent on your budget and to a lesser extend, which aesthetics you prefer. Generally speaking the MK III is the sweet spot as far is price/performance where as the MK IV and SE models are for those who want those last few percentages of sound quality.
Thank you for an honest simple answer David I appreciate it I guess I need to figure out how much I really can spend right now and that will give me my answer.