Jumpers

Talk all about Little Dot products!

Moderator: sword_yang

Freshercomenovice

Jumpers

Post by Freshercomenovice »

Dear members, as a newcomer to tube amps and an audio enthusiast of many years I now seek clarification concerning jumper pin switch short circuit (jumper in place) for Little Dot MK 2. I have purchased a pair of EF92's but have yet to take the base off. Thankyou for accepting me as a new member.

rockage

Re: Jumpers

Post by rockage »

Welcome! You don't have to take the base off. If you look at the bottom of the amp, there are holes in the chassis for you to cap the jumper pins through.

Freshercomenovice

Many thanks rockage for your support. As you advised I have taken a look for : 'oblong windows on the side of the bottom panel'. Strangely my 220V model does not appear to have any. Infact there are no holes on the base to speak of at all! I was viewing images on this site of the PCB and the board pins (both) protrude close to the valve sockets adjacent to a couple of largish capacitors? The jumpers which I found in the cable bag, fit on these? Regards, Fresher come novice.

Freshercomenovice

Dear members, I decided to take the base off my MK2 as this was the only way with my model to change over to EF92's. To my surprise jumpers were already in circuit supporting supplied 6J1's. The PCB features a 3 pin per channel arrangement and to convert to EF92's all I had to do was move each jumper along a pin. Perhaps my unit is an early MK2? I have upgraded to Mullard CV4015 and Soyuz 6N6p's. All is fine and initial impressions are of a more relaxed organic sound with a very quiet back drop. One word of warning, the base only goes properly back on one way around. This is to prevent box slippage. Regards, Fresher come novice.