Little Dot MKIII Toroidal Transformer

Talk all about Little Dot products!

Moderator: sword_yang

richyboy

Little Dot MKIII Toroidal Transformer

Post by richyboy »

Hi all.

After many, many thousands of hours of use my MKIII has died on me with what I am sure is a blown toroidal.

The smell given off was not that of an fried electronic component or PCB. The black 'can' over the transformer was very hot and, once removed, smelt pretty bad! I should add that the fuse blew quickly and there was no drama.

If David is watching, are you able to supply a new transformer? I'm a dab hand at soldering! I know that the MKIII is somewhat tricky to take apart but I'm willing to give it a go!

Have any of you Guys and Girls out there had the same problem?

Thanks in advance and all the best,

Rich.

Minerdiner

Re: Little Dot MKIII Toroidal Transformer

Post by Minerdiner »

Hi
I'm new to this forum but might be able to help, my Toroidal blew in my Cambridge amp and looked everywhere for a replacement, but I came across a company called Rapid Electronics I took the readings for the power required on the unit and searched their site they have lots of different Toroidal Transformers for sale so it might be worth trying them for a replacement they will not list the little dot but you need to search for size (DIA) and power requirements. Just an example the new transformer for my Cambridge Amp was £24 delivered and wires just needed to connected - soldered in place, hope this helps

richyboy

Re: Little Dot MKIII Toroidal Transformer

Post by richyboy »

Hi Minerdiner.

Thanks for your quick response old chap!

I'll give Rapid Electronics a go!

Thanks very much,

Rich.