My New Little Dot MK VI+

Talk all about Little Dot products!

Moderator: sword_yang

customer13

Re: My New Little Dot MK VI+

Post by customer13 »

Nice! Yes the silver is best for high frequencies, but lacking in bass. The special wire designed by Frank at Toxic Cables is 99% very pure silver and 1% very pure gold. The mixture of silver and gold gives the metal unique qualities, the ability to perform like silver for the high frequencies but also the ability to transmit a strong bass signal. Toxic Cables claim that no other cable will perform better. The price is great and the product is really something very special. Waiting time can be a few months as many customers want the product, but Frank insists on hand building all the cables personally, to ensure the highest quality possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

customer13

Post by customer13 »

My amp is DEAD.

A cheap nasty ten cent resistor has burnt and failed. My only option for repair is to post the amplifier to China, and that would cost me many hundreds of dollars, just not an option for me.

I am upset that Little Dot uses such cheap and nasty parts to build a $1000 amplifier. If better quality parts were used to build the amplifier then this failure would likely not have happened. A local repair shop said that they need a circuit diagram to be able to repair the amplifier properly. Will Little Dot help me with a circuit diagram? It looks like they will not. (I asked and was told to post the amplifier to China). So it's no more Little Dot for me.
BURNT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Redge

Post by Redge »

Maybe you should try to find someone a bit more skilled than just a "local repair shop".
Changing a resistor (for a "better spec" one) doesn't seem to be that hard ...

DavidZheZhe

Post by DavidZheZhe »

From your email correspondence you stated that you replaced the resistor yourself and the amp died completely shortly afterward. We generally do not recommend modifying the components yourself unless you are highly experienced at soldering. Regardless our offer of sending it back to us for repair under warranty still stands.

DavidZheZhe

Post by DavidZheZhe »

Please note that if you ship it back for warranty repair, we will actually reimburse you for most, if not all, the return shipping. There should be very little, if any, out of pocket cost to you.

gabylis

Post by gabylis »

I will just say that it is a lot better than I had been dreaming it would be, worth every cent it cost, even worth more than it cost!...

Dub

Post by Dub »

As a newby, I've a question about the mkVI+

I see that it provides 2 set of ways in, one symetrical and on asymetrical: is there any possibilité to switch between these 2 ways in in order to have 2 different sources connected both at same time?

BestR ;)

DavidZheZhe

Post by DavidZheZhe »

Dub wrote:As a newby, I've a question about the mkVI+

I see that it provides 2 set of ways in, one symetrical and on asymetrical: is there any possibilité to switch between these 2 ways in in order to have 2 different sources connected both at same time?

BestR ;)
Unfortunately there's no switch between the two. A switch generally will not isolate the channels 100% so it will ultimately negatively impact sound quality. For best results, I would recommend just disconnecting one set of inputs if you are using the other.

Dub

Post by Dub »

I just received my LD MK6+ — and I saw with great pleasure that the jack way in is on the front of the unit and not on the rear panel. Thanks for the good idea — of course the jack way in could has been black as my unit is, and not "gold" as it is……… Well let's say it is customised — but as my LD is not a silver one………… ;)

Best regards
Dub ;)

Dub

Post by Dub »

I think my VI+ was built in a VIII SE:

That's the rear of the VI+ according to littledot site:

and that's the front of my VI+

I think LD used the same jack plug — of course on the rear side, it can't be seen, but in the front of the black unit…………………………

ViperGeek

Post by ViperGeek »

Very cool! I kinda wish they were built that way on purpose:

- Dave

ViperGeek

Post by ViperGeek »

Good news! The latest revision of the MK VI+ officially moved the SE jack to the front:

- Dave
Last edited by ViperGeek on Sep 7th, '17, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.

ViperGeek

Post by ViperGeek »

Here's a better picture of my favorite OTL/OCL balanced amp:

- Dave
Last edited by ViperGeek on Sep 7th, '17, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.

DavidZheZhe

Post by DavidZheZhe »

Beautiful pic ;)