My New Little Dot MK VI+

Talk all about Little Dot products!

Moderator: sword_yang

customer13

My New Little Dot MK VI+

Post by customer13 »

So busy listening to this beautiful amplifier, no time to write a review!
I will try to find the words to describe this amazing amplifier in the next few days, for now I will just say that it is a lot better than I had been dreaming it would be, worth every cent it cost, even worth more than it cost!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

customer13

Re: My New Little Dot MK VI+

Post by customer13 »

LDMKVI+.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

customer13

Post by customer13 »

I built an Oak shelf to hold all the sound equipment. The sound is just getting better and better, the burn-in is going well.

customer13

Post by customer13 »

Just plugged in some 1950's Sylvania 6SN7GTB Chrome Top tubes, very nice crisp clear sound, deep bass, sparkling highs good midrange, very lively musical tubes.

customer13

Post by customer13 »

The Sylvania driver tubes sound so good that I have decided to try some JAN CHS Sylvania 6080WB power tubes with black plates (1960's).

customer13

Post by customer13 »

This amplifier is BEAUTIFUL, it is AMAZING! Everything sounds SO GOOD, like even music that I don't really like sounds so good that I just want to keep listening.
I am experiencing a whole new level of detail in music I have known for years, and I am experiencing sounds that are so wonderful, so sweet, like nothing I have ever heard before. This Little Dot MK VI+ is a very special piece of equipment, a highly valued companion for any music lover.

customer13

Post by customer13 »

I will try the JAN CHS VT-229 Sylvania driver tube next, they date from the late 1940's and are said to be in the top 5 tubes of their family.

DavidZheZhe

Post by DavidZheZhe »

Great continued impressions and thanks for the photos!

customer13

Post by customer13 »

I have just plugged in some MELZ (Moscow Electric Light Company) tubes made in 01/1967, type 6H9C, and they sound very good, or is it the Little Dot MK VI+ that sounds so good?

customer13

Post by customer13 »

OK, now running some 1951/52 Hytron 6SN7GT driver tubes, and these are really something special, so clear and crisp and clean, I must recommend these tubes to other MK VI+ users, find them at the "Tube Depot" or the "NOS Tube Store"

customer13

Post by customer13 »

I bought 2 Shuguang Treasure CV181-Z tubes for my MK VI+.
The base of the tubes are 35mm diameter, just to big to fit in the aluminium rings on the amplifier. so I bought 2 tube socket savers, and fitted them to the MK VI+, and now the Shuguang Treasure tubes fit into the Littledot MK VI+.

Even after just a few minutes of use I can hear that these are amazing tubes, very good sound, very detailed, amazing sound stage. Might be the best tubes I have tried in the MK VI+ so far. Hard to imagine the sound getting any better than this.

DavidZheZhe

Post by DavidZheZhe »

Ah that's very interesting. The socket savers is a nice touch for using larger tubes. Thanks for sharing!

Astralboy79

Post by Astralboy79 »

customer13 wrote:I bought 2 Shuguang Treasure CV181-Z tubes for my MK VI+
thanks for tip ;) i also just ordered them hehe.....what do you recommend for power tubes ?

customer13

Post by customer13 »

I have bought some very good power tubes from an ebay seller 'thetubecenter' (100% positive feedback) not sure if that is the shop name or the sellers name, check it out, they have 6080 tubes being sold in sets of 4, some that I have bought have been 1960's US MILITARY tubes. I am using the Sylvania JAN (Joint Army Navy) 6080 tubes and they are good. They have 4 Sylvania 6080 tubes left, in tatty looking boxes from the 1960's, get them now!

Astralboy79

Post by Astralboy79 »

B/w the sylvania 6080 and the tungsol 5998 which are basically 6AS7, which are preffered?

customer13

Post by customer13 »

I have read that the tungsol 5998 is a very good tube, but I have not tried them. That are hared to find and cost a lot. The sylvania gives a good rich tube sound, and they are now becoming harder to find at a good price. The ebay seller I listed sells 4 x 6080 tubes for $40..... thats $10 each. I have seen the Sylvania 6080 tubes selling for up to $ 80 each. Buy the tungsol 5998 if you can find them and afford them, but for $40 the Sylvania 6080 ( in the yellow box , tube has yellow print, made in 1960's) is a bargain, and a good sounding power tube, but there is only one set of 4 left at the tube centre, and I don't know where to get any others.

customer13

Post by customer13 »

The so called BEST EVER 6080 is the BENDIX REDBANK 6080, made for the USAF only, they have titanium rods gold grid and solid graphite plates, they are very heavy and built very solidly. They were designed to run the guidance system on ICBM's used by the USAF, so they were built to the highest standard. I managed to find 2 matched pairs, both made in 1963, and I am keeping them for a rainy day. Have a look at this link for some good tube info:
http://www.bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=3453.0

For driver tubes the MELZ 1578 tube, with holes in the plate are said to be the best, they were made only for the USSR military for use in nuclear reactor control systems, the MIR space station, and guidance system in USSR missiles.
Last edited by customer13 on Dec 17th, '13, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

Astralboy79

Post by Astralboy79 »

Great....Juicy bit of delicious information, thanks! :D

customer13

Post by customer13 »

This link is to Toxic Cables, they made my headphone cable (link shows the model I have) and I also bought some of this cable and had it shipped to Littledot, and they put it in my amplifier, between the audio out jack and the circuit board.
http://toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?rou ... duct_id=67

Astralboy79

Post by Astralboy79 »

i got mine from Artemis, nice . Before the MK VI+ i was using Wooaudio WA2 with Beyerdynamic T1/LCD-2 . I changed the stock LCD-2 ones to copper 6" for more bass with terminating 1/4". It was $225......Now that i have the MK VI+, i already ordered from them SPC 6ft" with balanced termination for LCD-2 for$300. Their silver is around $500. Timothy from Artemis says copper is great for bass, silver is lesser bass but better mid/highs and SPC in between, so i choose SPC....should arrive in 3 weeks, cant wait to try out fully balanced.